SC15: Fees & Refund Policy
- Protection of fees paid in advance
Linden College protects the fees that are paid in advance by students.
- Linden College does not require a student to ever pay more than $1500 in advance for services not yet provided, either prior to course commencement or at any stage during their course. Fees will be paid off during the course in instalments according to a set payment plan.
- Fees and refund information
Prospective and current students are advised of the fees associated with a course on the relevant Course Outline and on the Student Agreement. In compliance with Clause 5.3 of the Standards, this is provided prior to enrolment or commencement of training, whichever is first. Fee information includes:
- All relevant fee information including fees that must be paid and payment terms
- Deposits and refund information and conditions relating to these
- The learners rights as a consumer including any cooling off period
Refund information is outlined on the Student Agreement and in the Student Handbook.
- Inclusions in course fees
Unless otherwise specified, course fees include the training and assessment required for students to achieve the qualification or course in which they are enrolling.
Course fees include three attempts to achieve a Satisfactory outcome for each assessment task. Where a student exhausts these attempts, additional fees for re-enrolment or further training and assessment for the relevant unit/s will apply in line with the Student Agreement.
Linden College cannot guarantee that students will successfully complete the course in which they enrol regardless of whether all due fees have been paid.
Course fees include include one copy of the required text books and learning materials for each student. Any optional textbooks and materials that may be recommended but not required for a course, are not included in course fees and will be an additional cost should the student wish to purchase such materials. If textbooks are lost and need to be replaced, the student will be required to cover the cost of the replacement materials – the cost is outlined on the Student Agreement where applicable.
Course fees include the issuance of a testamur and record of results and/or a statement of attainment. For additional copies or re-issuance of any of these documents an additional fee is applicable. This fee is currently $30 per request.
- Late payments
Students who are experiencing difficulty in paying their fees are invited to call our office to make alternative arrangements for payment during their period of difficulty.
Debts may be referred to a debt collection agency where fees are more than 40 days past due. Linden College reserves the right to suspend the provision of training and/or other services until fees are brought up to date. Students with long term outstanding accounts may be withdrawn from their course if payments have not been received and no alternative arrangements for payment have been made.
All course fees include a non-refundable deposit which is detailed on the Course Outline and Student Agreement. The deposit is non-refundable, except in the circumstances detailed below.
- A full refund of any fees paid (including the deposit) will apply where an individual withdraws or cancels their course in writing within the cooling off period. The cooling off period is 10 business days.
- A full refund of any fees paid (including the deposit) will apply if Linden College is required to cancel a course before it commences due to insufficient numbers or for other unforeseen circumstances.
A refund of fees paid may also apply in the following circumstances:
- Where Linden College ceases to operate a partial refund may apply. The refund will be for any fees paid for training that is not able to be delivered.
- Where Linden College ceases to deliver the course in which a student is enrolled and the agreement is terminated, a partial refund may apply. The refund will be for any fees paid for training that is not able to be delivered.
In any of the above situations, Linden College will automatically conduct a refund assessment of all affected students and issue the refunds due accordingly. In these cases there is no need for a student to make an individual application for a refund. Refunds will be issued within 28 business days.
Students who withdraw from a course may seek a refund or a reduction in fees owing by making an application for a refund in writing using the Application for Refund Form. The application must include the details and reason for the request. Students who have not completed a Withdrawal Form are not eligible for consideration of a refund or reduction in fees.
The refund assessment will be based on reviewing the services provided to the student and the costs incurred by Linden College to provide those services.
The outcome of the refund assessment will be provided in writing to the student’s registered address within 28 business days, outlining the decision and reasons for the decision along with any applicable refund or adjustment notice. Refund decisions can be appealed following our Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure.
A student not achieving the qualification or unit/s in which they enrolled due to exhausting their attempts at assessment, does not entitle the student to a refund.